Delightful Deviled Eggs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set whites aside. In a small bowl, mash yolks. Stir in the mayonnaise, onion, relish, mustard, salt, pepper flakes and pepper.
- Pipe or spoon into egg whites. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 114 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 214mg cholesterol, 202mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Jul 30, 2018
Delicious! I didn't have the spicy mustard; so added the dijon mustard. Thank you, Kelly, for sharing this recipe.
May 5, 2017
Not my favorite recipe. These were too salty and I'm not sure I really enjoyed the relish in the egg. I will stick with the Mother-in-Law eggs on this site.
Mar 30, 2016
Great ingredients the only issue I had was there didn't seem to be enough flavor. Always seemed like it was lacking something. It's worth experimenting with other ingredients added to it.
Mar 25, 2016
Mar 30, 2013
This is the only deviled egg recipe I make now. My family LOVES it. My extended family doesn't love it as much as we do but I think it's just because it isn't what they are used to. This is a little dryer and saltier than most deviled eggs. I leave out the red pepper.
Apr 7, 2011
I would leave out the pickle relish (unless you like your deviled eggs a little sweeter). My husband and family love this recipe.
Jul 2, 2010
leave out the relish and onion , put in half teaspoon sugar