You can serve this delightful chicken salad on bread, buns or wrapped in a tortilla. "My husband likes it on crackers as a snack or on a bed of iceberg lettuce," says Jacklyn Salgado from Omaha, Nebraska.
Recommended: Panini Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half (6 ounces)
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- Dash salt and pepper
- Assorted crackers, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the chicken, onion, celery, bouillon, garlic and pepper; add water to cover by 1 in. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Drain, reserving the onion, celery and garlic. Shred chicken and place in a bowl; add reserved onion mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cilantro, onion, salt and pepper. Spoon over chicken mixture; gently stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve with crackers if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Chicken Salad in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007, p37