- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 6 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 5 medium)
- 1/4 cup apple butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Unroll pastry into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edges. In a large bowl, toss apples with apple butter. Combine the flour, sugar, pie spice and cinnamon; add to apple mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to crust.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, brown sugar, pie spice and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add walnuts; sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is browned. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forDelightful Apple Pie
"One of the best apple pies I've had!"
"When I started to make this I realized I didn't have apple butter so I made my own version. I took butter, cinnamon, apple spice and maple syrup and used that instead. It was awesome"
"Delicious!! I've made it three times already.... it goes in the cookbook!! Thanks for sharing!"
"Love Love Love this recipe! I am making it again for the 3rd time!"