Delicious Stuffed Baked Apples
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + standing Bake: 1 hour
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2-1/4 cups cranberry-apple juice
- 1/3 cup thawed cranberry juice concentrate
- 4 large Golden Delicious apples
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine the raisins, cranberries and apricots. In a small saucepan, bring juice and concentrate to a boil. Pour over dried fruit; let stand for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°. Core apples, leaving bottoms intact. Peel the top third of each apple; place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Drain fruit mixture, reserving juice. Stir brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon allspice into fruit; spoon into apples. Drizzle with butter. Pour 3/4 cup reserved juice around apples.
- Cover and bake for 50 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until tender. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring remaining reserved juice and allspice to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup. Serve with baked apples.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 533 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 151mg sodium, 112g carbohydrate (94g sugars, 8g fiber), 1g protein.
Nov 6, 2013
This was awesome - I didn't have any apricots (and I usually do) so I used dried cherries with the cranberries and raisins. Didn't have any cranberry concentrate so I used some of my frozen blackberries in the cranberry/apple juice. This recipe is sooooo good:-) Will try it next time with apricots.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.