Delicious Stuffed Baked Apples
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + standing Bake: 1 hour
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2-1/4 cups cranberry-apple juice
- 1/3 cup thawed cranberry juice concentrate
- 4 large Golden Delicious apples
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine the raisins, cranberries and apricots. In a small saucepan, bring juice and concentrate to a boil. Pour over dried fruit; let stand for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°. Core apples, leaving bottoms intact. Peel the top third of each apple; place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Drain fruit mixture, reserving juice. Stir brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon allspice into fruit; spoon into apples. Drizzle with butter. Pour 3/4 cup reserved juice around apples.
- Cover and bake for 50 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until tender. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring remaining reserved juice and allspice to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup. Serve with baked apples.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 533 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 151mg sodium, 112g carbohydrate (94g sugars, 8g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 6, 2013
This was awesome - I didn't have any apricots (and I usually do) so I used dried cherries with the cranberries and raisins. Didn't have any cranberry concentrate so I used some of my frozen blackberries in the cranberry/apple juice. This recipe is sooooo good:-) Will try it next time with apricots.