- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken over medium heat. Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Recoat skillet with cooking spray. Add onion; cook and stir over medium heat until tender. Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes. Pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°, 35-45 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forDelicious Oven Barbecued Chicken
"Such a delicious and excellent recipe. I love the sauce I have also used it on other meats and fish, it's become one of my favorites. I also used chicken thighs in place of breasts. Thx Marge it's a keeper!"
"Very easy , economical and tasty! The sauce is a very good blend of sweet and tangy!"
"Excellent! I used a whole large chicken cut into pieces so l had a nice variety of meat. It was good cold too. Janet VFE"
"Move over Memphis! This sauce is king. To be honest I was a tad hesitant because my family is not wild for vinegar sauces, so I didn't use the full amount. Everything else was done according to the recipe- sauce-wise. Since the only chicken I had in the house were chicken tenders, I used them. I just didn't have to cook them as long.Submitted by a Volunteer Taste of Home Food Editor"