Delicious Maple Flan
Here's a deliciously different spin on traditional flan that's also quick and easy to prepare. Its smooth, creamy texture simply melts in your mouth.—Ruby Thomas, Gurnee, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- Pour syrup into an ungreased 10-in. round baking dish, tilting to coat the bottom of dish; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, condensed milk and evaporated milk. Slowly pour into prepared dish. Place dish in a large baking pan. Add 1 in. hot water to large baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until center is just set (mixture will jiggle). Remove flan to a wire rack; cool for 1 hour. Chill overnight.
- Carefully run a knife around edge to loosen; invert onto a rimmed serving platter.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 195 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Delicious Maple Flan in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.