Here's a deliciously different spin on traditional flan that's also quick and easy to prepare. Its smooth, creamy texture simply melts in your mouth.—Ruby Thomas, Gurnee, Illinois
Recommended: 60 Fall Bakes Cozier Than a Chunky Sweater
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- Pour syrup into an ungreased 10-in. round baking dish, tilting to coat the bottom of dish; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, condensed milk and evaporated milk. Slowly pour into prepared dish. Place dish in a large baking pan. Add 1 in. hot water to large baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until center is just set (mixture will jiggle). Remove flan to a wire rack; cool for 1 hour. Chill overnight.
- Carefully run a knife around edge to loosen; invert onto a rimmed serving platter. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Delicious Maple Flan in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p192