We appreciate a cool, creamy dessert like this in summer. It stays fresh in the freezer for one week. Top with the fudgy sauce before serving. — Mrs. Earl Brewer, Jackson, Mississippi
Featured In: Easy Labor Day Recipes Made in a 13x9 Pan
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (11 ounces) vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- FUDGE TOPPING:
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Combine wafer crumbs, pecans and butter. Press half of mixture into a 13x9-in. dish. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Remove softened ice cream from package; spread over crust. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. Freeze, covered, for at least 4 hours.
- For topping, combine sugar, cocoa and flour in a small saucepan; stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in butter. Serve over dessert. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Delicious Ice Cream Dessert in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p216