Dressing up a dish of ice cream is especially easy with this sauce. It mixes together in a matter of minutes! The sauce serves another purpose, too. One batch yields so much, I have plenty extra to pour into pint jars and give out as gifts. —Dorothy Anderson, Ottawa, Kansas
Featured In: 30 Recipes for Gifts in a Jar
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat; stir in sugar and salt. Gradually stir in milk; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Serve warm or at room temperature (sauce will thicken upon cooling). Store, covered, in refrigerator. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Delicious Chocolate Sauce in Country Woman July/August 1995, p43
Reviews forDelicious Chocolate Sauce
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 18, 2015
"Really liked this on vanilla ice cream"