- 4 slices rye bread
- 4 thin slices deli ham
- 2 thin slices deli turkey
- 2 tablespoons deli coleslaw
- 2 tablespoons Thousand Island salad dressing
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 eggs
- On two slices of bread, layer a slice of ham and turkey, coleslaw, salad dressing and cheese. Top with remaining ham and bread. In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs. Dip both sides of sandwiches in eggs.
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, toast sandwiches over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forDeli Monte Cristos
"These sandwiches are really good! My boys are excited when I tell them that I am making them. I did change up the recipe a bit though. I left out the coleslaw since none of up like it and I used sharp cheddar instead of swiss for my boys since it is more kid friendly. I used the swiss for my husband and myself. We both think that this dish is delish!"