Deli Monte Cristos
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 slices rye bread
- 4 thin slices deli ham
- 2 thin slices deli turkey
- 2 tablespoons deli coleslaw
- 2 tablespoons Thousand Island salad dressing
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 eggs
- On two slices of bread, layer a slice of ham and turkey, coleslaw, salad dressing and cheese. Top with remaining ham and bread. In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs. Dip both sides of sandwiches in eggs.
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, toast sandwiches over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted.
Apr 26, 2010
These sandwiches are really good! My boys are excited when I tell them that I am making them. I did change up the recipe a bit though. I left out the coleslaw since none of up like it and I used sharp cheddar instead of swiss for my boys since it is more kid friendly. I used the swiss for my husband and myself. We both think that this dish is delish!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.