Deli Beef Sandwiches with Horseradish Mayonnaise
Sweet cherry preserves balance bold horseradish in this hearty sandwich. What a delicious noontime treat! —Greg Fontenot, The Woodlands, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cherry preserves
- 4 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 3/4 pound sliced deli roast beef
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- Dash each salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, preserves and horseradish. Spread 1 tablespoon over each of four bread slices. Layer with roast beef, lettuce and tomato; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread remaining mayonnaise mixture over remaining bread; place over top.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 471 calories, 27g fat (4g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 947mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 5g fiber), 25g protein.
Originally published as Roast Beef Sandwich with Cherry Horseradish Mayonnaise in Simple & Delicious August/September 2010