Deli Beef Sandwiches with Horseradish Mayonnaise
Sweet cherry preserves balance bold horseradish in this hearty sandwich. What a delicious noontime treat! —Greg Fontenot, The Woodlands, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cherry preserves
- 4 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 3/4 pound sliced deli roast beef
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- Dash each salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, preserves and horseradish. Spread 1 tablespoon over each of four bread slices. Layer with roast beef, lettuce and tomato; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread remaining mayonnaise mixture over remaining bread; place over top.