Deli Beef Heros
Total TimePrep: 35 min.
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 French bread baguettes (10-1/2 ounces each), split
- 1 pound sliced deli roast beef
- 2 jars (7-1/2 ounces each) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and julienned
- 2 jars (7-1/2 ounces each) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- In a large skillet, cook onions in oil over low heat for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place the cream cheese, ricotta cheese, olives and garlic in a food processor. Cover and process until blended. Spread over baguettes. Layer bread bottoms with roast beef, peppers, artichokes and caramelized onions; replace tops. Cut each into six slices.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 459 calories, 25g fat (7g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 1000mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein.
Jan 9, 2012
These weren't as good as I hoped, but still seemed to please the boys on a football Sunday.
Sep 24, 2011
This was one of the tastiest sandwiches I've had in a long, long time. It is easy and the spread keeps well, so I used this on a host of other sandwiches. I made this four times and used sliced leftover prime, leftover turkey breast, leftover ham shoulder besides using corned beef from a deli. YUM! Also made them for a tail gate party at OSU and people RAVED about them. I didn't have any problems with the spread squeezing out the sides of the sandwich and was wondering if the previous poster didn't drain their artichokes well enough or if the onions were carmelized, but still had too much liquid around them? I also blotted my peppers and artichoke hearts dry with a paper towel. This is a keeper!
Sep 24, 2011
Oh, I didn't have problems with them being messy...could your carmelized onions been too soupy and did you drain the artichokes well? I put a nice amount of spread on the bread to seal it, but didn't have stuff squeezing out the sides.
Aug 26, 2011
This sandwich is as tasty as it looks, but it was just too messy to enjoy. The spread squeezes out the sides when you cut it and the topping slide around too.
Jul 11, 2011
Oh wow was this ever good! so easy too! I love it!
Nov 14, 2010
These sandwiches are THE BEST! My husband is not a beef deli meat fan, but after I made these once, he actually requested it for his birthday dinner. Excellent sandwich spread and combo. YUMMY!
Aug 20, 2010
This was one of the best sandwiches I have ever made. Husband also raved about it.
Jul 29, 2010
Incredibly awesome!! My husband said he can't remember having a sandwich so good. I even forgot the ricotta and substituted Greek Calamata olives for the pimento stuffed olives and they were wonderful!