Delectable Raspberry Cream Cake
For a cake to impress, try this delicious recipe. The filling makes the cake so yummy with fresh raspberries. Your guests will be sure to be asking for the recipe.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- White chocolate garnish and pearl dragees, optional
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using two 9-in. round baking pans. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For filling, in a small saucepan, combine flour and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Cool to room temperature. In a small bowl, cream the butter, shortening, sugar and vanilla; beat in milk mixture until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate. Spread with 1 cup filling. Place remaining filling in a pastry bag with star tip #195; pipe filling around outside edge of cake. Sprinkle 1-3/4 cups raspberries over filling. Top with second cake layer. Chill.
- For glaze, combine the chocolate chips, cream, butter and corn syrup in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat until chocolate is melted, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir until smooth. Spread enough glaze over the top of cake to cover. Chill for 10 minutes. Repeat with remaining glaze, allowing glaze to drape over sides. Chill for 1 hour.
- Arrange remaining raspberries on top; add white chocolate garnish and pearl dragees if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.