Deep-Dish Taco Squares
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 cup reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- In a nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat; stir in the cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream and onion.
- In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and water. Spread into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with beef mixture and tomato. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes or until bottom crust is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 310 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 530mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
May 11, 2014
I also liked this. The Bisquick base gave it a different texture. I added Taco Seasoning to the beef; along with green peppers and onions as I was browning it. I also added green chilies and black olives to the Mayo/SC/Chez sauce. And, of course, more chez on top before baking. I'm sure it will even taste better tomorrow. ")
Jan 3, 2013
We liked this. I didn't have a tomato so I added salsa, along with cumin, parsley flakes, chili pepper and garlic powder. It would probably be good with some corn added, too. It was very creamy and reminded us of Buffalo Chicken Dip. Next time I will skip the crust and make this as a delicious hot dip for tortilla chips!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.