- 2-1/2 pounds plums, pitted and sliced
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- Pastry for a single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 egg white
- Place plums in a large bowl. In another bowl, combine the sugar, tapioca, almond extract and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly; gently stir into plums. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Roll out pastry to 1/8-in. thickness; make a lattice crust. Place over filling. Trim edges. Beat egg white until foamy; brush over pastry. Bake at 425° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forDeep-Dish Plum Cobbler
"This is a summertime favorite at our house. It is colorful, tasty, and simple to make."