Deep Dish Georgia Peach Pie
Pairs well with Gallo Family Vineyards, GFV Twin Valley Moscato.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 1/4 cup grenadine syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 unbaked deep-dish pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour and nutmeg. Add peaches; toss well to coat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in grenadine and lemon juice. Pour into crust; dot with butter. Bake at 375° for 50 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Originally published as Deep Dish Georgia Peach Pie in Taste of Home Cooking School Brand Name Cookbook Spring 2009