- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 1/4 cup grenadine syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 unbaked deep-dish pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour and nutmeg. Add peaches; toss well to coat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in grenadine and lemon juice. Pour into crust; dot with butter. Bake at 375° for 50 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forDeep Dish Georgia Peach Pie
"no topping in recipe so I just put on another crust. Turned out very soupy with a strong nutmeg flavor."
"what about the topping?"