Deep-Dish Chicken Pizza
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 25 min. + standing
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 large green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare roll mix according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, peppers, onion and seasonings in remaining oil until vegetables are tender. Return chicken to the pan.
- Roll dough into a 17x12-in. rectangle. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; build up edges slightly. Spread sauce over dough. Top with chicken mixture and cheeses.
- Wrap and freeze for up to 2 months or bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until crust and cheeses are lightly browned. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- To use frozen pizza: Thaw in the refrigerator. Uncover and bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 328 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 598mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 medium-fat meat, 1 fat.
Oct 15, 2012
One of my absolute favorites!! It is so pretty with all the brightly colored veggies. The chicken is flavored deliciously. I could not find roll mix, so I used 2 refrigerated pizza crusts in a rectangular pan. Yum!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.