Dee’s Grilled Tuna with Greens
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound tuna steaks
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 3/4 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- CITRUS VINAIGRETTE:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Brush tuna with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over high heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side for rare; cook longer if desired. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the spinach, tomatoes, edamame and corn. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients; drizzle over salad and toss to coat.
- Divide salad among four plates; slice tuna and arrange over salads. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts2 cups salad with 3 ounces cooked tuna: 294 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 306mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Jan 21, 2014
I simply love this recipe! Not only is it healthy, it's wonderful for the palate.
Feb 27, 2012
We love this recipe. First time we made it we were out of honey and used Thai sweet chili sauce instead which was a great substitute. Love this dressing recipe! Have not made the wontons, but they look really good too! Thanks for the very tasty, healthy, easy and quick recipe--an all around winner!