Decorated Easter Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Food coloring
- Decorator's gel
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, water and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and chill for several hours.
- 2. Roll out on a lightly floured surface to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with an egg-shaped cookie cutter (or cutters with other Easter themes such as chicks and rabbits). Make a hole with a straw or toothpick in the top of at least 27 cookies.
- 3. Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- 4. For glaze, combine sugar, water and corn syrup until smooth. Depending on how many colors are desired, divide glaze into several small bowls and tint with food coloring. Using a small brush and stirring glaze often, brush glaze on cookies (or leave some plain if desired). Allow glazed cookies to harden for at least 1 hour.
- 5. Add designs with tinted glaze or decorator's gel, referring to photo for ideas. Allow to dry.
2 each: 106 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Apr 18, 2011
I only made the cookies . . .not the frosting. LOVED the cookies! Easy to through together and they stay soft after you bake them. Hold their shape well, too. They taste wonderful and you can't stop at just one!
Apr 10, 2009
This is a great sugar cookie recipe. One I will make again.