Decadent Tortellini Primavera
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in milk; heat through. Stir in cream cheese until blended. Add spinach and Italian seasoning; heat through.
- Drain tortellini; toss with sauce and tomato. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 341 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 671mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 31, 2016
This was really really great. I used sundried tomatoes instead of regular and I totally forgot to use the parmesan Delish!
Nov 14, 2015
I really enjoyed this recipe, it had a good flavor and it heated up well the next day as well. I used frozen broccoli instead of spinach, and it was still very tasty.
Mar 31, 2014
Absolutely wonderful! My husband even ate vegetarian this night!!
Dec 26, 2012
Delicious recipe. It is definitely a do it again recipe. May try it with chunks of chicken in it.
Apr 12, 2012
Wow! I'm surprised at the differences in appeal of this dish. I LOVE IT!! But then, I love cheese stuffed tortellini....so maybe that's the thing. This was decadant and very yummy. I would make it for a party! But I could see where you may want to salt it if you're used to that...I'm used to a low salt diet so it did not bother me.
Feb 15, 2012
I can't even click on a star...this is one of the worst meals I have ever made. No one, even my sonwho will eat anything pushed it aside. YUK!!!
Jan 30, 2011
Did not like - too rich, pasty, & tasteless - sorry!
Apr 2, 2010
I will add half the spinach next time--it was just too spinach-y for my taste. I also used grape tomatoes, and I thought it needed salt and pepper. Otherwise--great flavors.
Mar 3, 2010
Very good! My kids even ate it! I added some red pepers and next time I think I'll add some artichoke hearts! YUM!