Decadent Dark Chocolate Granola
Our three active sons gave this great granola the thumbs up all around. The recipe is versatile, so you can customize it any way you like by adding a variety of seeds, nuts, grains, cereals and dried fruit.—Kim Van Dunk, Caldwell, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + chilling
Makesabout 9 cups
- 1/4 cup coconut or canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
- 1 cup 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 250°. In a Dutch oven, heat oil and honey over low heat until blended, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in cocoa and vanilla. Stir in oats, walnuts and Rice Krispies until coated.
- Spread evenly into a parchment paper-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake about 1 hour or until crisp, stirring every 20 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. Immediately add chocolate chips and cranberries; stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Return to baking pan, spreading evenly. Refrigerate until set. Break into pieces. Store in airtight containers.
Originally published as Decadent Dark Chocolate Granola in Country Woman December/January 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.