Decadent Brownie Swirl Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 50 min. + cooling Bake: 1-1/2 hours + chilling
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon almond extract and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Fresh raspberries and chocolate curls, optional
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions for chewy fudge brownies. Set aside 2/3 cup brownie batter; spread remaining batter into a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- Place pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan. Bake at 350° for 25-28 minutes (brownies will barely test done). Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla on low speed just until combined. Stir 1/3 cup into reserved brownie batter; set aside. Spoon half of the cheesecake batter into crust; dollop with half of reserved chocolate cheesecake batter. Repeat layers. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Place in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours or until surface is no longer shiny and center is almost set.
- Remove pan from water bath and foil. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with raspberries and chocolate curls if desired.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 24, 2017
This is a great cheesecake. I top it with ganach and then the raspberries. So good.
Jan 8, 2014
My first attempt at using a water bath technique.....i was impressed with the look of the finished product. And so were my guests! However, the taste was just ok, and we all kind of wish it had more of a wow factor. Maybe a layer of raspberry or strawberry? Chopped nuts? Just needs something else. Beautiful top layer though.
Dec 31, 2013
Can I give it 10 stars? Oh my... This was so simple! I LOVE the brownie crust. I had never thought of doing that before. Genius! This recipe is so quick and delicious! I keep a hand written cookbook to hand down to my daughters, and I think I have found a winner! This one will definitely be entered in... I followed the directions to a tee. I did the water bath and it really makes a difference. My middle brownie swirl fell to the bottom, but thats ok, it was still good. Thanks!
Jan 1, 2013
Made this for New Year's Eve. All enjoyed it. One thing though, my brownie bottom was "fudgy" like, not a brownie texture at all. Is this correct?
Aug 11, 2012
made it several times. it was a fantastic hit each time. absolutely loved it
Feb 12, 2012
Have made this several times. Each time it turns out great. Just served it for dessert at a valentine banquet and was surprised at how many people asked me where we bought it. It was delicious and looked great too.
May 16, 2011
So easy to make, and delicious!
Feb 6, 2011
Feb 6, 2011
The instructions were not clear on how much you need to divide the cream cheese mixture, I had to play with it, I reserved about 2 cups for the brownie part. Nice recipe, may have to tweek that part again.