Decadent Brownie Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + cooling Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Mint Andes candies, fresh raspberries, fresh mint leaves, caramel ice cream topping and whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in corn syrup. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Fold in walnuts.
- Spread into a greased 10-in. springform pan. Bake 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted 1 in. from side of pan comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For ganache, in a small saucepan, bring cream to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in chocolate until melted. Cool completely.
- Remove sides of springform pan. Place a wire rack over waxed paper; set brownie on rack. Pour ganache over the brownie; spread over top and let drip down sides. Let stand until set. Cut into wedges; garnish with desired toppings. Store in the refrigerator.
Apr 14, 2013
This certainly looks pretty and tastes decent, but it tasted more like a cake. Plus it does take a bit of time.~ Theresa
Jul 14, 2011
Jan 1, 2011
I made this for a New Year's Eve party....fabulous!! Everyone raved about it!
Oct 24, 2009
I loved this marvelous brownie pie. I used Hershey's Dark Cocoa and it was wonderful.
Sep 13, 2008
This recipe is a keeper! Especially good for a special ocassion such as Valentine's Day. To die for!