- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 8 squares (1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Optional toppings-mint Andes candies, raspberries and fresh mint, caramel ice cream topping and whipped cream
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add corn syrup; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fold in walnuts. Spread into a greased 10-in. springform pan. Bake at 325° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted 1 in. from side of pan comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For ganache, in a saucepan, bring cream to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate until melted. Cool completely.
- Remove sides of springform pan. Place a wire rack over waxed paper; set brownie on rack.
- Pour ganache over the brownie; spread over top and let drip down sides. Let stand until set. Cut into wedges; garnish with desired toppings. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forDecadent Brownie Pie
"This certainly looks pretty and tastes decent, but it tasted more like a cake. Plus it does take a bit of time.~ Theresa"
"I made this for a New Year's Eve party....fabulous!! Everyone raved about it!"
"I loved this marvelous brownie pie. I used Hershey's Dark Cocoa and it was wonderful."
"This recipe is a keeper! Especially good for a special ocassion such as Valentine's Day. To die for!"