Deb’s Cheese Ball
Plenty of herbs blend with four kinds of cheese for this scrumptious spread. Using reduced-fat ingredients makes it a little lighter. —Deb Lavengood, New Palestine, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan and Romano cheese
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped leek (white portion only)
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in cheeses, leek, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, chives, pepper flakes, onion powder, seasoned salt, oregano and 1 teaspoon minced parsley.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Shape into a ball and roll in walnuts and remaining parsley; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate at least 1 hour longer. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 84 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 176mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Deb's Famous Cheese Ball in Country Woman Christmas 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.