Daylily buds add color to this creative salad. The flavor is a cross between lettuce and cabbage.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups daylily buds (about 50 buds), sliced
- 1 cup torn lettuce
- 1/2 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded red cabbage
- 3 radishes, sliced
- Salad dressing of your choice
- In a large salad bowl, combine the daylily buds, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, celery, cabbage and radishes. Serve with dressing.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 16 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 17mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Daylily Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2004