Day After Thanksgiving Salad
I originally developed this recipe as a way to use Thanksgiving leftovers. But it's such a hit, I make it throughout the year.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- 3/4 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add walnuts; cook until toasted, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar. Cook and stir until sugar is melted, 2-4 minutes. Spread on foil to cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, turkey, onion, pepper, tomatoes, noodles and sugared walnuts. In a blender, combine the remaining ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Pour over salad and toss to coat.
1-1/2 cups: 464 calories, 21g fat (3g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 4g fiber), 32g protein.
Dec 13, 2018A great way to use leftovers, but quick enough to enjoy throughout the year.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC