Day After Thanksgiving Salad Recipe
I originally developed this recipe as a way to use Thanksgiving leftovers. But it's such a hit, I make it throughout the year.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- 3/4 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. In a small heavy skillet, melt butter. Add walnuts; cook over medium heat until toasted, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar. Cook and stir for 2-4 minutes or until sugar is melted. Spread on foil to cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, turkey, onion, yellow pepper, tomatoes, chow mein noodles and sugared walnuts. In a blender, combine the remaining ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 5 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 464 calories, 21g fat (3g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 4g fiber), 32g protein.
Reviews for Day After Thanksgiving Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC