- 2 cans (21 ounces each) apple pie filling
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Place pie filling in an 11x7-in. baking dish; dot with butter. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and nutmeg in a large bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in egg just until moistened; sprinkle over filling.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Serve warm, with ice cream if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forDaughter's Apple Crisp
"I was looking for a new topping for apple crisp so I tried this one with my apple filling(not pie filling) and it was incredible. I will definitely use this topping again!"
"never used an egg is a crisp but it was great"
"Really easy and tastes great! My husband loved it!"