These spooky-looking appetizers are the perfect balance between sweet and salty. They are easy to serve and hold, making it a good hand-held appetizer. Shape the dates as round as you can.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes15 stuffed dates
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Dash salt
- 15 large unpitted dates
- 15 hazelnuts, toasted and peeled (about 1/2 cup)
- In a small bowl, beat cheeses until smooth. Add cream and salt; mix well. Cut a small hole in the corner of a plastic bag; fill bag with cheese mixture.
- Cut a 1-in. slit along the length of each date; discard pit. Fill with cheese mixture; top with a hazelnut. Repeat.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 109 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Dated Eyes in Halloween Party Favorites 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.