These spooky-looking appetizers are the perfect balance between sweet and salty. They are easy to serve and hold, making it a good hand-held appetizer. Shape the dates as round as you can.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes15 stuffed dates
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Dash salt
- 15 large unpitted dates
- 15 hazelnuts, toasted and peeled (about 1/2 cup)
- In a small bowl, beat cheeses until smooth. Add cream and salt; mix well. Cut a small hole in the corner of a plastic bag; fill bag with cheese mixture.
- Cut a 1-in. slit along the length of each date; discard pit. Fill with cheese mixture; top with a hazelnut. Repeat.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 109 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Dated Eyes in Halloween Party Favorites 2008