VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped dates
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, pecans, baking powder and salt. Add dates. In a small bowl, combine the milk, egg yolks and butter; stir into dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown.
- In another small bowl, beat the topping ingredients until blended. Serve with waffles. Yield: 8-10 waffles (about 6-3/4 inches).
Originally published as Date Waffles in Taste of Home December/January 1998, p53
Reviews forDate Waffles
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 28, 2013
"My daughter and I have made these waffles several times and love them. She wants to share the recipe with her sorrority!"