Date Pudding Cobbler
There were eight children in my family when I was a girl, and all of us enjoyed this cobbler. I now serve it for everyday and special occasions alike. —Carolyn Miller, Guys Mills, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup water
- Optional: Whipped cream and ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar and baking powder. Cut in butter until crumbly. Gradually add milk, dates and walnuts.
- In a large saucepan, combine water and remaining brown sugar; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; add the date mixture and mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 10-in. cast-iron skillet or 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown and fruit is tender. Serve warm, with whipped cream and cinnamon if desired.