VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup finely chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Line pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Remove from the heat; whisk in the sugar, vinegar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir in the eggs, dates and pecans. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped cream. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Date Pecan Pie in Country Extra November 2007, p49
Reviews forDate Pecan Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review