Date-Pecan Coconut Candy
This fuss-free recipe has been in our family for years. A batch of these chocolate-covered balls always brings back wonderful holiday memories.
Total TimePrep: 1 hour
Makesabout 6 dozen
- 1 pound pitted dates, chopped
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 3 packages (12 ounces each) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a large bowl, combine the dates, pecans, marshmallows and coconut. In a blender or food processor, process date mixture in batches. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper to harden. Store in an airtight container.
Originally published as Date-Nut Candy in Country Woman Christmas 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.