Date-Nut Yeast Bread
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 3-4 hours
Makes1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3-1/4 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In bread machine pan, place the first six ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add dates and walnuts.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 123 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Oct 6, 2019
Perfect recipe for a very tasty bread. No adjustment necessary. Just stick to the exact measurements and follow the instructions. Set on 1.5 LBS loaf size. My wife does nor like to overload on carbs but could not stop eating it. Best bread I had made so far in my bread machine.