Date-Nut Yeast Bread
"For breakfast, this bread is delicious toasted, buttered and topped with cinnamon-sugar," writes Roseanne Farulli, Burgettstown, Pennsylvania.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 3-4 hours
Makes1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3-1/4 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In bread machine pan, place the first six ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add dates and walnuts.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 123 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Date-Nut Yeast Bread in Quick Cooking May/June 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.