Even though my two grown sons aren't big "sweets eaters", they think these candies are exceptional. The big peanut butter flavor is a hit combined with holiday staples like walnuts and dates.
Recommended: Homemade Food Gift Packaging Ideas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Shape into 3/4-in. balls; place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip balls in coating and place on waxed paper to harden. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Date Nut Candy in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1998, p38
Reviews forDate Nut Candy
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review