Even though my two grown sons aren't big "sweets eaters", they think these candies are exceptional. The big peanut butter flavor is a hit combined with holiday staples like walnuts and dates.
Recommended: 17 Ways to Get More Fruitcake in Your Life
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound white confectionery coating
- In a mixing bowl, combine the first six ingredients; mix well. Shape into 3/4-in. balls; place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm. In a microwave or double boiler, melt confectionery coating; stir until smooth. Dip balls in coating and place on waxed paper to harden. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Date Nut Candy in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1998, p38
Reviews forDate Nut Candy
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review