Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup finely crushed saltines (about 15 crackers)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, cracker crumbs and baking powder. Stir in the coconut, pecans, dates and vanilla. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into coconut mixture.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 300° for 12-14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 113 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 42mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 5, 2011
This is a delicious cookie -- slightly crisp on the outside and slightly chewy too. My co-workers LOVED it!! I extended the baking time by about 4 minutes. Next time I plan to substitute some Splenda for part of the cup of sugar. But it is Delicious!