VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar. Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in oats, dates and nuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 1 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and tops are firm to the touch. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Originally published as Date Drops in Taste of Home December/January 2000, p54