Dark Chocolate Orange Blondies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, orange zest and extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts if desired.
- Spread into an 8x4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 221 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 183mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 27, 2016
It is nice to find some easy, small-batch desserts. It is perfect for those cooking for 1 or 2!
Jan 12, 2015
While searching for a quick dessert to make for supper, I came across this recipe and decided to give it a try. I'm sure glad I did! These bars came together quickly and were something a little out of the ordinary. My husband and I really enjoyed the orange/chocolate combination and I'll definitely make them again!