Dark Chocolate Fondue
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 dark chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each), chopped
- 3 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Cubed angel food cake and assorted fresh fruit
- In a small saucepan, combine flour and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Reduce heat to low. Stir in chocolate and corn syrup. Cook and stir until melted.
- Transfer to a small fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with cake cubes and fruit.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 154 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 29mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Feb 9, 2010
This was a big hit with my daughters' Girl Scout troop (ages 5-11). The girls practically hovered around it! Our troop had a Valentine's Party at a local nursing home and it was also a hit with the residents. This recipe was nice because it is diabetic friendly (a concern at a nursing home). I added one teaspoon a vanilla to this recipe to brighten the flavor. This fondue was not overly sweet like some other fondues, which was nice. I recommend this recipe!