- 3 dark chocolate candy bars (3-1/2 ounces each), chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ancho chili pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maraschino cherries with stems, sliced bananas, fresh strawberries, dried apricots, dried figs, ladyfingers and/or cubed miniature croissants
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt chocolate with cream, milk, butter, sugar, chili pepper, cinnamon and cayenne. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Transfer to a small fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with dippers of your choice.
Nutrition Facts 1/4 cup fondue (calculated without dippers): 413 calories, 28g fat (18g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 47mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 5g fiber), 4g protein.