VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped pecans, divided
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 pound dark chocolate candy coating, melted
- Combine 1 cup pecans and bourbon; let stand, covered, for 8 hours or overnight.
- Cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy; stir in pecan mixture. Refrigerate, covered, until firm enough to shape into 1-in. balls, about 45 minutes. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Dip in chocolate coating; allow excess to drip off. Sprinkle with remaining pecans. Let stand until set. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Bourbon Balls in Fresh Home Spring 2011