Dark Chocolate Bacon Cupcakes Recipe
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon baking cocoa, divided
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 pound Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, divided
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the sugar, buttermilk, eggs, oil and coffee until well blended. In a small bowl, combine the flour, 3/4 cup cocoa, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended. Stir in two-thirds of the bacon.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. Frost cupcakes. Sprinkle with remaining bacon; dust with remaining cocoa. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 22 cupcakes.
1 each: 354 calories, 18g fat (5g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 535mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Dark Chocolate Bacon Cupcakes
"this is really awesome."
"this is really awesome"
"I was a little afraid to try this recipe but... I have tried chocolate with bacon candy before and loved it. So, I was hoping I would love the cupcakes too. I did make a simple change of makin my own icing. I do not buy the canned, processed stuff. The cupcakes turned out very nice. I liked the crunch an saltiness of the bacon with the sweetness of the chocolate. I will definitely make again!"