- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon baking cocoa, divided
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, divided
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, buttermilk, eggs, oil and coffee until well blended. In a small bowl, combine the flour, 3/4 cup cocoa, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended. Stir in two-thirds of the bacon.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Frost cupcakes. Sprinkle with remaining bacon; dust with remaining cocoa. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 22 cupcakes.
Reviews forDark Chocolate Bacon Cupcakes
"this is really awesome."
"this is really awesome"
"I was a little afraid to try this recipe but... I have tried chocolate with bacon candy before and loved it. So, I was hoping I would love the cupcakes too. I did make a simple change of makin my own icing. I do not buy the canned, processed stuff. The cupcakes turned out very nice. I liked the crunch an saltiness of the bacon with the sweetness of the chocolate. I will definitely make again!"