Danish Potato Soup Recipe
- 1 meaty ham bone
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- Ground nutmeg
- 1. In a soup kettle, bring ham bone and 2 quarts water to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 1 hour or until meat pulls away from the bone.
- 2. Remove ham bone. When cool enough to handle, trim any meat and dice. Discard bone. Return ham to kettle along with potatoes, onions, celery, parsley, cabbage and carrots; cook 40 minutes.
- 3. Combine flour and 1/4 cup cold water until smooth. Slowly pour into the soup, stirring constantly. Bring soup to a boil; cook 2 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in cream. Remove from the heat. Garnish with nutmeg. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 190 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 70mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Danish Potato Soup
"Really good tasting soup. Was thin but a great change from thick soups. I will make again."
"Can't click on stars. Very good. I thickened a little. lovely flavor."
"soup was good but thin"
"a little thin, but nice flavor"