Danish Fruit Soup
I've been making this colorful dessert since 1961, and my whole family just loves it. It's a great way to enjoy fruit in winter.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Sour cream and ground nutmeg, optional
- In a large bowl, combine gelatin and salt. Gradually stir in boiling water until gelatin is dissolved. Stir in the raspberries, cold water and lemon juice. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir soup. Garnish with sour cream and nutmeg if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 78 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 82mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Danish Fruit Soup in Country Extra January 1997
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.