Danish Christmas Cake
This festive cake slices into beautiful torte-like layers—just right for the holidays.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2 cups cold whole milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) macaroons, crushed
- 1 jar (10 ounces) currant jelly
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using two greased 9-in. round baking pans. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Stir in macaroons. Cut each cake horizontally in half. Place one bottom layer on a serving plate; spread with half of pudding mixture. Top with another cake layer; spread with jelly. Top with another cake; spread with remaining pudding mixture. Top with remaining cake.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Frost top and sides of cake. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 348 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 256mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Danish Christmas Cake in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook